Monday, June 15, 2009

Open Letter to Hannah


Hannah,

Your first birthday has come and gone! I wanted to take a moment to write a short letter to you expressing how wonderful it is to be your mother. Hopefully when you get older you will appreciate this. If you ever have a child of your own, I hope that you will appreciate it a lot more.

You have brought more love and joy to my life than I have ever experienced in my 26 years of living. Your daddy and I feel so fulfilled being able to be our parents. Your daddy is so in love with you and it shows with every little hug and kiss that he gives you. I feel overwhelmed with emotion as I write this because I wish you could know how much you mean to us. You have so many wonderful people in your life that love and adore you!

I know that I am your mommy and that I just may be partial to your beauty, but I have to say that you are too pretty for words! It's not just me though, everyone that comes across you says you have such beautiful eyes. You always have a smile on your face and are so friendly to everyone.

I hope that as you continue to grow and we continue to raise you, you realize how much you are loved and how much you were wanted. Your daddy and I tried so hard to have you and we prayed endlessly for you. Now you are here and we haven't stopped praying. I ask him everyday to make me wiser and a to be better person for you.

Thank you for coming into our world and making it a million times better.

I LOVE YOU MORE THAN WORDS CAN EXPRESS!

MOMMY

No comments:

Post a Comment