Thursday, May 21, 2009

1 more week!

In just 7 days Hannah will be ONE! How did this year go by so fast? I swear it feels like just yesterday I was breaking down crying because Hannah would not "latch" on so I could nurse her. Now she only seems to be interested in it when its nap time and bed time! Yes, my deadline (1yr) to stop breastfeeding is fast approaching, but I don't think that Hannah and I are ready yet. The deadline used to be 6 months. and you see how well that turned out...

During this first year, I see her father's personality come out a great deal! She loves getting a reaction out of everyone, and love the attention. She goes wild when we clap for her, and she even claps at herself when she sees fit. Hannah is also extremely social. She makes friends everywhere she goes just like Brian. She also loves to interact with the babies in her daycare. In fact we had a parent/ teacher meeting with her teacher and she said that Hannah gets so excited when the younger babies in her class want to play, that she sometimes gets a little too rough with them! Hannah has a little bit of me in her as well. If she is hungry, she is GRUMPY! My mother was quick to point that similarity out!

Being a parent is such a tough, yet rewarding experience. Before Hannah was born, I remember telling Brian that after she is here, we are going to be parents, and we will always be parents no matter how old she is! It is a life long commitment. I'd like to think that I am glad that I became a parent at 25 years old because i think it takes a certain level of maturity and responsibility to do this. However, the truth is that it doesn't really matter how old you are or what you have experienced, you are never truly prepared for what parenthood has in store for you!

No comments:

Post a Comment