Thursday, July 23, 2009

HOME

On Tuesday July 21, 2009 Brian and I closed on our first home! The whole process was better than I though it would be. I though we would be searching for weeks, maybe months, before we found "THE house." Luckily, I am not that type of girl. I am the type of girl that plans her wedding in 2 weeks. I am also the type of girls that takes her Civic to get serviced and walks out with a new CRV!

I digress.

Owning a home was never really a big goal of mine, especially because my parents don't own a house. Growing up we moved every 3 or 4 years and the Church always provided the home. Even when Brian and I got married, I was never in any rush to buy. I always figured that we would eventually move out of San Antonio and settle down somewhere else, kind of how I grew up. Brian, on the other hand, had been ready to be a home owner since we got married! It must be a "Man Thing" to want to own land. My turning point was having Hannah and watching her grow and realizing that I wanted to give her a place of her own that was big enough for our family. We are moving in this weekend and we couldn't be happier!

So here I am, just a few weeks shy of my 27th birthday and I am blessed with a great career, wonderful husband, loving daughter, and now a Home of our very own. When I graduated college 5 years ago, I never thought I would be here this quickly. Brian and I work hard for what we have and the hard work is paying off.

Since we haven't officially moved in yet, we just go over to the house in the evenings after work to visualize where we will be putting certain things and showing the home to family. Every time that we go over, Hannah has a ball running around everywhere and inevitably trying to climb the stairs. By the time we get ready for bed she is TIRED! Just one of the perks of having lots of room in the new house.

I will keep you posted on how the moving process goes. It's something that I am all too familiar with, but nevertheless, I do not enjoy it!

No comments:

Post a Comment